Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Barcelona Adventure



I went to Barcelona, Spain to visit my friend Sam who is studying abroad there. I went with my friends John and Brody from Holger. Our flight out of Copenhagen was at 5:00pm on Thursday, February 21st. We didn't arrive in Barcelona until about 11:00pm. I had to take the bus from the airport and meet Sam at a metro station. Sounds simple right? I figured out which bus to take from the airport, but I read the map wrong, got off on the wrong stop and had to walk a good distance back to where I was supposed to meet Sam. The only problem that Sam decided that a giant plaza with four different metro stops all named the same thing was a good place to meet someone.... but after walking around the plaza for a while we were able to find each other. From there we took the metro back to Sam's residencia where I would be crashing.

Beautiful sunset over Denmark.
Flying KLM is awesome. They Red Bull sized Heineken's were great.





Great meeting place Sam.... Think you can find one person in this giant plaza??
Sam's residencia... More like lockdown jail... we had so many problems.

Thursday night we went out to a cool bar where they let you pour your own drinks. I don't understand how this concept makes any money but I like it. We then went to a pretty cool club called Sutton. There were some elevated surfaces at Sutton which I obviously took the opportunity to dance on.... I don't think the locals liked this very much as we were kindly asked to leave the club after that.

Brody and I

Sam and I at Sutton

Sutton


We started around noon on Friday with brunch at a nice tapas place. I really like the concept of tapas. You pick different mini dishes so you can sample a bunch of different foods, then you just pay for how many sticks you have from the tapas.

Some tapas.
The tapas restaurant. 

After eating, we walked around for a bit and then made out way to Camp Nou where FC Barcelona plays. We toured the stadium with the Camp Nou Experience for about 22.00 Euro - probably the best money I spent on the trip. The Camp Nou tour and museum was amazing. The club has so much history and such an strong connection to Catalonia and Barcelona. Everything in the tour makes you feel the tradition and power that is FC Barcelona. It really is more than a club.

I'll continue this post in a bit.

Me with the Champion's League trophy










Tunnel walking out onto the pitch






No comments:

Post a Comment